Resources & Information
resources & information
Moving can be very exciting, but it can also be very stressful as there are so many things to remember to do! Don’t despair; whether you are doing it on your own, asking friends for some help, or hiring professionals, here is a quick guide to help you get through it.
Start early; if you don’t already have a moving company in mind, do some research or ask for recommendations. Movers can come in and do an estimate before you commit to their services.
TIP: weekends, end of the month and holidays tend to be the busiest, so if you are able to move at a different time, you may even get a discounted rate!
- Eliminate items you no longer use/want – have a garage sale or make donations to local charitable organizations. Why pay to move it when you don’t need or want it?
- Start getting boxes, tape, bubble wrap, etc… anything you will need to pack up, and make notes of what may need special attention.
- Obtain change of address cards to contact any of your regular mail senders.
- Obtain medical and dental records as well as children’s immunizations if moving out of the area
- Arrange for your children’s school records to be transferred to their new school.
- Make travel plans and reservations.
- Use up food supplies.
- Dispose of hazardous goods.
Looking to buy or sell real estate in Penticton?
Brooks Lancaster specializes in all types of real estate. Whether you’re looking to sell your home, buy your dream home, or invest in commercial real estate, Brooks has you covered.